Sunday, March 24, 2013

U-Turn - Living In The City (1977)


A band from Sydney I can't tell you much about this one. Until I bought this album I had not heard of them although I was living in Melbourne at the time they were around so it is possible that they were a popular band playing around Sydney.
What I do know is that this appears to be their only album release. It is released on 'Lazer Records' and as it is produced by Sherbet producer Richard Lush (which suggests that someone was prepared to throw some money behind them) and the hairstyles were fashioned by a Faces fan. Also special mention is made of Cold Chisel and Angels producer Mark Opitz for 'all his help'.
Musically U-Turn remind me of 70s UK good-time rock bands and the album does have some catchy tunes such as 'I Like It' and 'Lady of Light'.
Other than guitarist Shane Pacey, who composed or co-composed the album with other band members, the rest of the band do not seem to have gone on to any band of note. Pacey did re-emerged a decade later in the blues band Bondi Cigars. (Rich AfterSabbath)

Tracklist:

01  Sidewalk Teaser
02  I Am So Lucky
03  Living In The City
04  Small Talk
05  Motor Machine
06  One Day Love Affair
07  All Night Long
08  U-Turn Me On
09  I Like It
10  Lady Of Light

Artist: U-Turn
Title Of Album: Living In The City
Year Of Release: 1977
Label: Laser VXLI 4057
Country: Australia
Genre: Hard Rock
Total Time: 36:55
Format: Mp3
Quality: CBR 320 kbps
Total Size: 76.9 MB


Link

Password= ally

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
\